- PAYE set up
- New starters
- Candidate holidays
Does our agency need to register for the PAYE scheme?
- Yes, your agency needs to set up a PAYE scheme to run PAYE placements with Sonovate. Find out more here.
- Sonovate can set up a scheme for your business for a fee - please contact email@example.com for a quote.
1: Your agency adds a placement in your Sonovate account and send new starter form.
2: Sonovate receive signed timesheets by 12pm Tuesday for payment the same week.
3: Sonovate process weekly payroll and send payroll reports and copy of the payslips to your agency by 5pm on a Thursday. Password protected payslip also sent out to candidates.
4: Sonovate pay candidate(s) take home pay and your agency (margin and PAYE deductions).
5: Your agency makes PAYE liability to HMRC, by 19th of the following month.
Where do I need to send the new starter form and when is the deadline?
- You need to ensure the form is complete and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- New starter form must be submitted by Tuesday 12pm for the candidate to be paid by the Friday of the same week.
New starter forms
- Sonovate needs to receive signed timesheets by 12pm on a Tuesday.
- If the deadline of Tuesday 12pm is missed, the candidate will be paid the following Friday.
More on timesheets here
How many holidays has the candidate accrued?
- Please check the most recent payslip sent to your agency.
- Under ‘employee details’ it will show the holidays remaining in hours.
How is holiday accrued?
- If a candidate received standard 20 days plus 8 bank holidays, they accrue holiday at 12.07% of the hours worked.
- Click here to use Gov.UK holiday entitlement calculator
- More on holiday entitlement from Gov.UK
How does the candidate submit holidays?
- When adding their timesheet on the portal, please select ‘Annual Leave’ under rate name and enter time.
When will the candidate(s) receive their payslip?
- Payslips will be emailed to the candidate(s) by Thursday 5pm.
- A password will be sent to the candidate(s) with their first payslip from Sonovate.
When does the candidate start contributing pension?
- You need to instruct us whether you would like to postpone your candidates for the first 3 months. Then they will start contributing 5% and the agency will contribute 3% on earnings above £118 up to £962.
What pension provider should I be using?
- We recommend you look at alternative pension providers for your business, unfortunately we are unable to give advice on this but the government do offer a standard workplace pension called Nest which you can register for.
Can a candidate opt out of pension verbally?
- No, candidates must opt out of pension via the pension provider.
What is the process when a candidate leaves my agency?
- Please end the placement early on the portal and notify email@example.com for us to issue P45 to the candidate and inform HMRC.
To end a placement early - enter the placement record and click 'finish early'
Where do I send my queries and amendments to be made?
- All queries and amendments to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The team will action queries in line with our shared SLA
When and how will my agency receive the PAYE summary report?
- When: Each Thursday
- How: You’ll receive an email with a PDF attachment containing a full PAYE summary report for that week.
Example of report summary
Punch in some numbers to calculate key PAYE figures.